Office Manager and Finance Secretary
Would you like to work within our excellent, supportive and dedicated school community?
We have an opportunity for an Office Manager (with the responsibility of Finance Secretary) to join the excellent staff team at Great and Little Shelford CE (A) Primary School.
Office Manager and Finance Secretary – 35 hours per week, term time only. On rare occasions, work during the holiday and 3 evenings per year is required. Daily hours – 8:30am to 4:00pm, including 30 minute lunch break.
Number on roll: 210
Starting from NJC Scale 5 pt 12 - £24,495 FTE
Start Date – flexible, based on experience and training requirements – please specify on your application. Experienced candidates may commence during the autumn term. For candidates who would require and appreciate further training, development and handover, this can be arranged in a mutually-agreeable format.
The successful candidate will:
- uphold and take a role in leading the school’s vision;
- uphold their duty with respect to the safeguarding of pupils, following training;
- understand basic financial terms and procedures;
- be caring, enthusiastic, dedicated and well-organised;
- have excellent standards of IT, Literacy and Numeracy;
- be able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks;
- work well in a team and apply excellent communication (verbal and in writing) with all members of the school community and multiple outside agencies and organisations;
- understand the value of and apply training and development regarding a variety of school-based items (financial systems; Paediatric First Aid, premises items);
- demonstrate flexibility through responding to planned and unpredictable items. and undertake some work during school holidays (e.g. budget submission during Easter);
- be in sympathy with and support the vision and values of a church school.
Desirable: (training will be given if required)
- knowledge of using SIMS management information system and FMS financial system;
- understanding of HR/payroll procedures;
- an existing understanding and experience of working in a school environment;
Visits to the school, video meetings or phone conversations with the Headteacher are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school for an application pack. Please note that CVs cannot be accepted. Successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 12:00pm Friday 17th November - Interviews: TBC