Welcome to Year 2!
- Miss Bachewich
- Mrs Kellock - TA (Monday to Friday mornings) and HLTA (Wednesday afternoons)
- Mrs Rose - TA (Monday to Friday mornings)
- Mrs. Dasher - TA (Monday and Friday afternoons)
- Miss Wesley - TA (Tuesday to Thursday afternoons)
This page will be updated regularly to show what we have been getting up to in class.
Please see below for links to our timetable, topic overview.
AUTUMN TERM 2018
These past few weeks the Year 2 class has been doing a lot of art. During our topic lesson we created lollies, Everlasting Gobstoppers and bonbons. The previous week during our art lesson, we went outside and focused on a small area around the school and created details drawings. Once we finished our drawings we went back inside and added watercolour.
Last week we had the pleasure of having Mr. Paduano in our classroom to teach us about circuits in science. We were challenged with using one battery, two wires and a miniature lightbulb, to turn on the lightbulb. We found it tricky at first but with help from Mr. Paduano each of our groups was able to turn on the lightbulb!
Meet the Teacher Evening
Thank-you to all of those parents who made it out to Meet the Teacher evening. It was great to meet you all. In case you missed it or lost your copy here is the notes from the meeting, timetable and topic plan!
Year 2's have been settling in quite well thus far. This week we learned what our topic would be for the Autumn Term by doing a scavenger hunt to find letters to unveil our topic which is...... CHOCOLATE. We played a fun chocolate game where we had to dress up as Charlie Bucket as fast as we could and we had to use a fork and knife to try to open our chocolate bar! During literacy we are focusing on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for our writing inspiration.
Autumn Term Project Activities for Home
I invite you to choose one or two of the activities below to compliment your topic work in school. There will be time to share your creations in the last week of term.
- Do some research on the Cadbury Family. You could make a poster, design a leaflet or even produce a PowerPoint presentation.
- Do some baking with chocolate as the main ingredient! Write out the recipe and the method. You could even make your own Chocolate Cook Book with a variety of chocolate recipes!
- Design a sweet shop. Draw the sweets for sale and give them prices. Then create some word problems relating to your sweets, e.g. The Candy Balloons cost 12p each. How much would three Candy Balloons cost? I buy a Wonka Bar for 35p and pay with a 50p coin. How much change do I get?