Welcome to our class page!
- Mrs Unwin - Teacher (Mon, Weds & Thurs)
- Mrs Clarke - Teacher (Tues & Fri)
- Mrs Kellock - TA (Mon - Fri mornings) and HLTA (Weds 1-2.30pm and Fri 1-2pm)
Don't forget ...
You still have time to complete one of our topic projects if you wish. We will make time for sharing these in class in the week beginning 11th December. Thank you to those of you who have already brought in some marvellous creations.
On Monday 9th October we were very lucky to have a special 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' themed workshop with Mrs Moore from Premier Performing Arts.
We played various games in role as characters from the story thinking carefully about their expressions and behaviour. We enjoyed pretending we were made out of clay and sculpting ourselves into different characters and guessing who they might be. We listened to music as we did a tour of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory imagining what we could see, hear, smell, touch and taste!
Our favourite part of the workshop was performing a 'Soundscape'. Everyone had to imagine a sound they might hear in the Chocolate Factory. This could be the sound of machines whizzing and whirring or the line a character might say. Taking turns whilst sitting in a large circle, each person had to add their sound until the whole class was contributing. It sounded amazing and made us feel like we really were in Wonka's factory!
Mrs Moore complemented us on our behaviour and excellent participation. We would like to say a huge thank you to her for holding this fantastic workshop with us.
Autumn Term Project Activities for Home
We invite you to choose one or two of the activities below to compliment your topic work in school. There will be time to share your creations in the last week of term.
- Do some research on the Cadbury Family. You could make a poster, design a leaflet or even produce a PowerPoint presentation.
- Do some baking with chocolate as the main ingredient! Write out the recipe and the method. You could even make your own Chocolate Cook Book with a variety of chocolate recipes!
- Design a sweet shop. Draw the sweets for sale and give them prices. Then create some word problems relating to your sweets, e.g. The Candy Balloons cost 12p each. How much would three Candy Balloons cost? I buy a Wonka Bar for 35p and pay with a 50p coin. How much change do I get?
This page will be updated regularly to show what we have been getting up to in class.
The photograph album below shows some of the fun activities we have been doing during our first week back at school.
We enjoyed many different induction activities, including thinking of ourselves as Superheroes where we identified our strengths (superpowers) and our areas to improve.
We introduced this term's topic with a 'Big Start' and decorated our 'Wonka's Sweet Shop' role play area. We even enjoyed the exciting 'Chocolate Game'.