Great and Little Shelford CE (A) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Volunteer Helpers are welcome at the school and are used in many different ways:
- hearing children read (daily guided reading session)
- working alongside teaching teams in classroom
- one-off workshops with classes on a topic of interest (e.g. aspects of science, mountaineering, living in a different culture, religious festivals and celebrations)
- helping with whole school display
- baking with children
- accompanying classes on trips or to walk to church services
- leading extra-curricular activities
- Wednesday walking buses
- second hand sales of school uniform
- swimming sessions
- PTA fundraising (e.g. cake sales, Christmas and Summer fairs, the quiz, summer camp out)
Parents are invited to contact the school office so that an application can be made, an enhanced DBS check can be undertaken and an induction with the Headteacher attended. Induction training enables volunteers to be equipped with the essential safeguarding, health and safety and ethos information for working in the school. Volunteer Helper inductions take place once per half term. Sessions for 2017 - 2018 will take place on the following dates with the Headteacher. Please contact the school office to book a place so that an information pack can be prepared for you.
- Autumn term 1 - Friday 6th October 2017
- Autumn term 2 - Wednesday 31st October 2017
- Spring term 1 - Thursday 11th January 2018
- Spring term 2 - Wednesday 29th February 2018
- Summer term 1 - Monday 23rd April 2018
- Summer term 2 - Friday 8th June 2018
We look forward to working with you.