|Start time||Registration||End of the day||Daily no. of hours||Weekly no. of hours|
Children arrive at school between 8.45am. and 8.55am. They should not arrive beforehand as the school cannot accept responsibility for their care on site before 8.45am, unless, of course they are attending the school's Breakfast Club or an Extra-Curricular Club. Registration starts at 8.50am and closes at 8.55am.
Entrance doors will be opened at 8.45 a.m. and children go to their classrooms. The children are engaged in important early numeracy and literacy activities until the end of registration at 8.55am.
Given the busy narrow road outside the school. parents are encouraged to distance park in the village and walk the rest of the way into school. Children may cycle to school.
|Y2 - Y6||10:40am - 10:55am|
|EYFS / Y1||11:45am -|
|Y2 - Y6||12:00pm - 1:00 pm|
'Buzz Time' and 'Golden Time'
Y2 - Y6
|At teachers' discretion|
On wet days staff remain in the classrooms to supervise the children. A teacher and assistant supervise the children in the playground during breaks.
Water and fruit are supplied to the EYFS/KS1 classes at morning break as part of the National Fruit Scheme. Children in KS2 are encouraged to bring a piece of fruit for a snack at morning break.
- Lunch menus are on a three week rolling cycle. These are published at the beginning of the school year so that parents and children can make choices together.
For more information see the Cambridgeshire School Meals site
- Payments can be made
- Online by registering with School Gateway using direct bank credit, debit and credit cards.
- By cheque. Cheques should be made payable to Shelford School. The cost of a meal is £2.25 for Infants and Juniors.
- Packed Lunches
Children may bring packed lunches. In the interests of healthy eating please do not include chocolate bars, sweets or fizzy drinks in your child’s lunch. Water is available at every meal or children may bring fruit juices. Shelford School has a Nut Free Policy (see Policies), please do not include any food items which may contain nuts as we have several children with a nut intolerance.
- Lunchtime Activities
Responsibility for the children ultimately rests with the Headteacher at lunchtime as at all other times, and with the Deputy Headteacher in the former's absence. Playground and dining room supervision are, however, delegated to the Lunchtime Team from 12.00 p.m. to 1.00 p.m. daily.
Our Lunchtime Team know the children well and are proactive in promoting a very happy atmosphere.
Playground games and clubs form part of the active programme of provision at lunchtimes, which includes 'The Golden Mile'. Our Year 6 play leaders oversee various outdoor curriculum activities, including den building; science, art and geography activities and the story telling/drama area, which are all based around the field and linked by an all-weather path. Our much-loved meadow area provides further opportunity for investigation, exploration and imaginative play.
- Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 classes finish at 5 minute intervals from 3.15 p.m.
In the first part of the Autumn term part-time Reception class children are dismissed initially at 12 noon then at 1.15 p.m.
- Key Stage 2 classes are dismissed at 3.30 p.m. Please inform your child’s class teacher if you intend anyone other than yourself to pick up your child. Children in Year 6 may only walk home unaccompanied on receipt of a note to the school explaining this.