Mondays, Tuesdays: Mrs Ashton, Mrs Scott,
Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: Mrs Bane, Mrs Scott
Welcome back to Autumn Term 2
Our topic work this term will have a geographical focus looking at the city of Inverness and comparing and contrasting with Great and Little Shelford. We will be designing our own tartan, making clay Loch Ness Monsters and finding out about local wildlife, land use and tourism in the highlands.
Home Challenges Autumn 2
These are optional and should be brought into school during the week commencing 11th December.
- research the local wildlife in the Highlands. Find out about Scottish wildcats, red squirrels, pine martens or a golden eagle.
- in RE we are looking at the story of Noah's Ark. Could you illustrate part of the story or build an ark from a construction set at home and take a photo.
- in Science we are looking at sound. Could you investigate how sound is made in a particular instrument and draw a labelled diagram or make your own instrument- maybe an elastic band guitar or a shaker or a drum.
Home Learning Challenges Autumn 1
- Can you find out some facts about a castle in the UK? It might be one you have visited or one that interests you. Could you include a drawing, model or painting?
- Can you design a balanced, healthy meal, making sure it includes fruit and vegetables? Could you label the different foods and the groups they belong to e.g. protein, dairy and carbohydrates?
Please bring in week commencing 16th October.