Great and Little Shelford CE (A) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
One way in which we live out our vision, is through the strong community of supportive volunteers at Shelford School. The strength of volunteer support demonstrates how we live and work in harmony. Pupils and volunteers mutually show love for one another, through the time dedicated and activities undertaken. Volunteers support activities in the school to enable pupils to achieve their social and academic potential. Volunteers form part of our community of life-long learners, both bringing their skills and learning new ones through our induction and volunteer process.
- hearing children read (daily guided reading session)
- working alongside teaching teams in classroom
- one-off workshops with classes on a topic of interest (e.g. aspects of science, mountaineering, living in a different culture, religious festivals and celebrations)
- helping with whole school display
- baking with children
- accompanying classes on trips or to walk to church services
- leading extra-curricular activities
- Wednesday walking buses
- second hand sales of school uniform
- swimming sessions
- PTA fundraising (e.g. cake sales, Christmas and Summer fairs, the quiz, summer camp out)
Parents are invited to contact the school office so that an application can be made, an enhanced DBS check can be undertaken and an induction with the Headteacher attended. Induction training enables volunteers to be equipped with the essential safeguarding, health and safety and ethos information for working in the school. Volunteer Helper inductions take place once per half term. Please contact the school office to book a place so that an information pack can be prepared for you.
We look forward to working with you.