Shelford Primary School is a Church of England Voluntary Aided School.
We are linked with St Mary's Church in Great Shelford and All Saints Church in Little Shelford.
In a voluntary aided school:
- the land and buildings are owned by the church but the governing body is responsible for running the school
- the school is funded partly by the Local Authority, partly by the governing body and partly by the church
- the cost of repairs and capital projects is raised by the governing body through the Diocese with a 90% grant from the Department for Education
- the governing body employs the staff
- the Local Authority provides support services
- the pupils have to follow the national curriculum
- the pupils have a daily Christian assembly
- the admissions policy is determined and administered by the governors in consultation with the Local Authority and other relevant schools in the area