We invite you to choose one or two of the suggested example activities below to compliment your topic work in school. There will be time to share your creations in the last week of the autumn term
- investigate 3D shapes in your home. Try undoing a box to look at the shape of the net. Can you draw your own net to make a cube or cuboid?
- make up a board game to help you learn a particular times table
- make a Christmas decoration for the classroom from recycled materials
Our new topic for Autumn Term 2 is Inverness- A Different Place.
Welcome to our class page!
Mondays and Tuesdays: Mrs Scott, Mrs Remm, Mrs Kellock
Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: Mrs Ashton, Mrs Remm, Mrs Crawford, Mrs Kellock
The big finish to our castle topic - Our Castle Big Build. We used different construction sets to build castles complete with keeps, battlements, arrow slits, dungeons and siege towers!
We have been making castles out of cardboard with drawbridges that open and shut. We printed the walls with sponges and made people to stand in the windows. If you look carefully you might see a knight trying to attack each castle.
We have been designing and making shields, choosing our colours and symbols carefully and sewing around the edge.
We invite you to choose one or two of the suggested example activities below to compliment your topic work in school. There will be time to share your creations in the last week of term.
- try to find out a little more about life in a castle - for example: What foods were eaten? What did people do for fun? What was it like trying to attack a castle or defend one?
- make a symmetrical picture - maybe you could use paint, lego bricks, fruit and vegetables or cut out pieces of paper
- write a lunchtime prayer to go in our Year 3 prayer folder
We have had a busy start to the term starting our Castles topic by re-enacting the Battle of Hastings in the school field. The class were divided into Normans and Saxons with appropriate weapons.
In RE we have started to consider what we each find wonderful about the world. We went into the school grounds with cardboard paint palettes and tried to find a rainbow of different colours from the plants and flowers growing there.