I am very pleased to welcome you to our school website. Thank you for your interest in our wonderful school!
We all take a genuine interest in every member of our community and live out our vision through all we do.
In October 2018, we were pleased to welcome Ofsted to inspect the school. This visit acknowledged many of the unique strengths of the school. The inspector stated:
"During the course of the inspection, I visited every classroom in the school and had further discussions with some teachers. As a result, I was able to experience the strong commitment across the whole school to setting high expectations for pupils and working to support them to meet, and sometimes exceed, those expectations. Staff and pupils take learning seriously and, consequently, pupils make good progress."
The school was also judged very favourably in November 2019 through our SIAMs Church School Inspection: RE - Excellent; Overall - Good; Collective Worship - Good. The inspector stated, "The impact of the school’s vision is seen particularly strongly in the strength of relationships, as every person shares the responsibility of contributing to a community working in harmony." and "The commitment adults demonstrate for each pupil and for their colleagues is mirrored in the strength of respect and friendship between pupils. Parents report how pupils of all ages highly value being nominated for the weekly award for showing kindness. They particularly value the ways in which older pupils demonstrate Christian love through their care for younger friends."
I would like to make a nomination for the 'Cyril' award for the last celebration assembly of the year to the three breakfast club staff: Miss O'Bryan, Hannah Smith and Mrs Petit.
I would like to thank and acknowledge their role in creating such a welcoming and safe environment for the children who attend breakfast club, and for the role they play in supporting the parents whose children attend the club. They always greet the children with a smile, supporting those who take breakfast with them to ensure they eat it, and providing fun activities for the children to do ahead of going into class. As a result, my children love this part of their day, often running round to get there and happily going in, even on days when they may be feeling slightly hesitant. The staff have also often gone above and beyond to support myself or my children, for example, by ensuring messages get passed on to teachers or forgotten items are brought home!
- Year 2 (third week running)
- Year 5
- Year 6
- Year 5
- Juno C- for an excellent story called 'The Adventures with Ben'. This included a carefully-planned structure, simile, repetition and dialogue.
- Robert S - for enthusiasm with new activities and experiences - for examples the dance workshop and Sports Day.
- Dylan P - for being a persevering parrot in the KAPLA building workshop, creating a magnificent skyscraper that was nearly as tall as you! It tumbled down, but you showed great resilience and perseverance in creating it again.
- Augustus M - for your infectious giggle and laugh that is often heard around school. It particularly cheers up staff early in the morning!
- Matthew R - for outstanding effort with spelling this year - achieving 100% accuracy across each test.