Welcome to our website!
Great and Little Shelford CE (A) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our school was graded as 'Good' by Ofsted in October 2018 and as 'Outstanding' in a Church School Inspection of March 2015.
We hope that you enjoy exploring these pages to find more about our school. If you would like to visit us, please ring the school office on 01223 843107 to make an appointment . We look forward to welcoming you.
A summary of our End of Year Worship
Tuesday 23rd July
- Mrs. Crew and Mrs. Richardson for running Netball Club
- PTA members - Mrs. Melton (Chair); Mr. Bell (Secretary); Mrs. Gregory (Treasurer); Mrs. McCrone (projects to support the school)
- The PTA gave thanks to Miss O'Bryan, Mrs. Hayes, Mrs. Ward and Mr. Grey.
- St. Mary's Church, Great Shelford - Rev. Talbott, Rev. Bown
- All Saints' Church, Little Shelford - Rev. Scott, Rev. Henderson, Josh Cairns
- Great Shelford Free Church - Dianna Parr, Liz Jenkin, Tilly
- The Orchestra performed The Welsh Washer Woman and we thanked Mrs. Barlow for leading the Choir, Orchestra and several events and concerts throughout the year.
- We thanked Mrs. Bullock for the four years she has served in School Council as a Parent Governor.
- We said a thank you and farewell to Bridget Hodge, who has run our Wildlife Garden Club for many years.
- We wished Miss McLoughlin lots of luck and love for her upcoming wedding - she will be returning as Mrs. Alderson.
- Two completed housepoint charts for gold stars were awarded to Mrs. Dasher (Owls) and Mrs. Kellock (Stags)!
- A celebration of Mrs. Dasher's time at Shelford was shared and we thanked her for the 24 years that she has served the school.
- A celebration of Mrs. Kellock's time at Shelford was shared and we thanked her for the 27 years that she has served the school.
- Mrs. Dasher and Mrs. Kellock gifted a beautiful Prunus Accolade to the School Church Garden (to be planted in the autumn).
- The House Cup was awarded to Ingenium, domus inspiratorum - the house of inspiration - The Eagles! The Eagles enjoyed iced lollies in the meadow and wildlife garden this afternoon (predominantly in the shade, due to the 32' heat!)
- Following the application process and interviews, the current Head Girl, Abigail, and current Head Boy, Will, offered the respective roles to Scarlett W and Henry H. We are pleased to say that they accepted the offer of employment!
5th July Celebration Worship
Dinner Winners - Reception
Silver Bins (tidiest classrooms) - Reception (2nd week running) and Y5
Pen Licences: None this week
Bronze (10 miles):
Silver (25 miles):
Gold (50 miles):
Emerald (75 miles): None this week
Celia (Social and Emotional Aspects - pupils) - Imogen A
Cyril (Social and Emotional Aspects - staff) - All the staff
Star Writer Award - Alexander H, Jessie G, Rosie W
Maths Investigation Award - None this week
Headteacher Awards - Thomas W, Rafa W, Oliver S, Harry C, Ollie C, May S, Naomi P, Ray B, Jonathan RvR,
The house of inspiration - the Eagles! The Eagles' flag was raised today by Maisie R.
Our Ofsted letter from our inspection on 18th October became available on Wednesday 14th November and can be found below.
Sing for your School!
As part of Cambridgeshire Music's Sing for your School competition, our Year 6 pupils wrote and performed a song unique to our local open spaces. We hope you enjoy listening to it (below)!
You must consent to the use of user embedded cookies to allow this embedded object to show.
A very BIG thank you to all who contributed to our Anniversary Events.
You can now view pictures of some of the events on the PTA 175th events page. Links can also be found there to recordings of the BBC Radio Cambridgeshire coverage.
On the radio: 28th September 2018
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire
• 175th anniversary interview, 8.30am
• Shelford school choir rehearsal for anniversary service, 8.50am
• Interview with Shelford school choir for BBC Music Day, 5.50pm
In the paper: 1st October 2018
• Half-page article and interview, page 7; click on the blue link below for a copy!
If you require a paper copy of any of the information contained within this website, please contact the school office via this link.