A very BIG thank you to all who contributed to our Anniversary Events.
You can now view pictures of some of the events on the PTA 175th events page. Links can also be found there to recordings of the BBC Radio Cambridgeshire coverage.
Welcome to our website
"At Great and Little Shelford Primary School we work together to safeguard our pupils and to enable them to attain the highest standards of academic achievement. We encourage them to be confident and successful within an orderly, secure and Christian environment and to make a positive contribution to the lives of others."
(Statement of Purpose)
Great and Little Shelford CE (A) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our school was graded as 'Good' by Ofsted in October 2014 and as 'Outstanding' in a Church School Inspection of March 2015.
We hope that you enjoy exploring these pages to find more about our school. If you would like to visit us, please ring the school office on 01223 843107 to make an appointment . We look forward to welcoming you.
On the radio: 28th September 2018
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire
• 175th anniversary interview, 8.30am
• Shelford school choir rehearsal for anniversary service, 8.50am
• Interview with Shelford school choir for BBC Music Day, 5.50pm
In the paper: 1st October 2018
• Half-page article and interview, page 7; click on the blue link below for a copy!
This week's awards - Celebration Collective Worship
Friday 19th October
Great and Little Shelford C E Primary School - Thank you for your hard work, especially during our recent OFSTED inspection.
School Council Points:
- Beatrice P - Reading Areas to be developed in classes. School Councillors will audit the books on offer and ask children for their book suggestions. School Council voted and agreed that each class should also have a Book Hospital.
- Anna S and Gordon D - Lost Property - Many unnamed items in the lobby. Named items (approximately 15) have been returned to pupils.
- Abigail P - Library Book Choices - a suggestion was received for 'The Phoenix Code' by Helen Moss. School Council voted and agreed to purchase the book for the library. (Mr. Grey has ordered a copy today - 19/10)
Dinner Winners - R
Silver Bins (tidiest classrooms) - Y1 and Y6 (both second week running)
Celia (Social and Emotional Aspects - pupils) - Eddie H
Cyril (Social and Emotional Aspects - staff) - Mr. Grey
Star Writer - None this week
Maths Investigation Award - Humphrey W
Headteacher Awards - Ava H, JJ R, Maisie R, Will C, Tom R, Anna S, Jayden P
Winning House - Pietas - domus venerantium - the house of respect (literally the house of those respecting) - the Swans. The Swans' flag was raised today by Naomi S.
If you require a paper copy of any of the information contained within this website, please contact the school office via this link.