I am very pleased to welcome you to our school website. Thank you for your interest in our wonderful school!
We all take a genuine interest in every member of our community and live out our vision through all we do.
Our school was graded as 'Good' by Ofsted in October 2018. The inspector stated
"During the course of the inspection, I visited every classroom in the school and had further discussions with some teachers. As a result, I was able to experience the strong commitment across the whole school to setting high expectations for pupils and working to support them to meet, and sometimes exceed, those expectations. Staff and pupils take learning seriously and, consequently, pupils make good progress."
The school was also judged very favourably in November 2019 through our SIAMs Church School Inspection: RE - Excellent; Overall - Good; Collective Worship - Good. The inspector stated, "The impact of the school’s vision is seen particularly strongly in the strength of relationships, as every person shares the responsibility of contributing to a community working in harmony." and "The commitment adults demonstrate for each pupil and for their colleagues is mirrored in the strength of respect and friendship between pupils. Parents report how pupils of all ages highly value being nominated for the weekly award for showing kindness. They particularly value the ways in which older pupils demonstrate Christian love through their care for younger friends."
- Dylan P - for excellent effort with writing at home, especially spelling and letter formation.
- Hunter M - for super effort with handwriting at home, practising different pencil patterns and letter formation.
- Kayley C - for fantastic progress with your reading since September.
- Juno C - for an excellent attitude to home learning, including helping your younger brother with phonics.
- Austin C - for excellent progress in reading this year with enthusiasm and a love of challenge.
- Eloise L - for an excellent attitude to home learning, including how you celebrate your friends' achievements.
- Aaron R-G - for a positive approach to home learning, working hard on all tasks set, with creative responses.
- Anna D - for focus and engagement in the class, often contributing with enthusiasm that demonstrates good focus and listening skills.
- Harriet L - for a maths investigation into caterpillar number chains. The results were presented in a neat table and demonstrated systematic working.
- Molly C - for a wonderful, colourful Christmas stocking. This showed excellent attention to detail, including beautifully neat and small stitches.
- Joshua M-J - for thoughtful, purposeful and analytical work in Science, organising resources and explaining reasoning succinctly.
- Joseph B and Mia R-G - both for a positive start to home learning that demonstrates excellent effort and pride.
- Isabelle L, Teddy P and Eli C - all for going above and beyond with wonderful artwork linked to Mrs. Alderson's Collective Worship of the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist.
- Siobhan Q - for excellent effort in writing a Sutton Hoo Newspaper report, based on research.
- Laurence McC - for excellent work on the Anglo Saxons, both in the amazing Anglo Saxon helmet and the excellent newspaper report.