Our Home Learning resources are currently available on Class Pages. Apologies for any delay due the increase in traffic. We are also working hard to look at creating email distribution lists to give families two options of how to access their work.
Welcome to our website!
Great and Little Shelford CE (A) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our school was graded as 'Good' by Ofsted in October 2018 and as 'Outstanding' in a Church School Inspection of March 2015.
We hope that you enjoy exploring these pages to find more about our school. If you would like to visit us, please ring the school office on 01223 843107 to make an appointment . We look forward to welcoming you.
Celebration Worship - 13th March 2020
- We watched one of our Lenten reflections '40', to gather together, while Y3 pupils played a variety of recorder melodies.
- Y3 Presentation - Y3 opened the celebrations with an amazing array of presentations. After their recorder playing, they performed some playground songs and chants. Finally, they performed the poem 'Dog in the School!' They used actions to accompany this, along with a puppet dog led by Christopher G-L.
- DT Competition - We were able to present our winners with their prizes: wooden spoons with their names etched on! A reminder of the competition and some photos of the winners' entries can be viewed here. The winning entries were:
- KS1 - Lola S and Luca P
- LKS2 - Isabelle L
- UKS2 - Hizkia D
- Tag Rugby Tournament - Well done to our Y5/6 Tag Rugby Team who won the tournament! We are very proud of your excellent behaviour and sportsmanship, along with your excellent achievement. Pupils were awarded their medals and Shelford Blue badges (if they hadn't yet received them). In addition, Miss Beck showed the shield that will be engraved with our school name for 2019-2020.
- Celia (pupils nominated for social and emotional acts of kindness) - None this week
- Cyril (staff nominated for social and emotional acts of kindness) - Mrs. Clarke
- Shelford Mile:
- Bronze: None this week
- Silver: None this week
- Pen Licences - Ollie C, Charlotte W, Rosie W
- Dinner Winner (best manners and behaviour at lunchtimes) - Year 5
- Silver Bins (tidiest classes) - Y1 and Y6
- Star Writer - None this week
- Maths Investigator Award - None this week
- Headteacher`s Award - Eleanor P, Lottie S, Molly C, Tommy A
- Housepoints - the winning house this week was: Pietas - domus venerantium - the house of respect - The Swans! We played the Swans' anthem to celebrate their victory. (Our Shelford bike needs a visit to Mr. P's workshop!)
- We sang 'Try Everything' to be sent to.
Our Ofsted letter from our inspection on 18th October became available on Wednesday 14th November and can be found below.
Sing for your School!
As part of Cambridgeshire Music's Sing for your School competition, our Year 6 pupils wrote and performed a song unique to our local open spaces. We hope you enjoy listening to it (below)!
You must consent to the use of user embedded cookies to allow this embedded object to show.
On the radio: 28th September 2018
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire
• 175th anniversary interview, 8.30am
• Shelford school choir rehearsal for anniversary service, 8.50am
• Interview with Shelford school choir for BBC Music Day, 5.50pm
In the paper: 1st October 2018
• Half-page article and interview, page 7; click on the blue link below for a copy!
If you require a paper copy of any of the information contained within this website, please contact the school office via this link.
Links and Downloads